Friday, June 20, 2014

The Second Adventure Begins

     I just couldn't get enough...my plans to travel 5 and a half months has now extended itself to 8 months. To tell you the truth if I had more time I'd take it. Looks like I caught the travel bug and this time its not letting me go. I'm afraid I got this bug for good, any chance I get I'm hopping on a plane and taking off for a new adventure. Being away for 5 months, and meeting all the travelers I have thus far, only showed me what a small portion of the world I have actually seen. That is why I have decided to do a second leg of my big self-exploration journey; now I am in Sri Lanka, and over the next 3 months I will be traveling to Thailand, Cambodia, Costa Rica, and New York before heading back to California to start my masters program. I got accepted in Pacifica Graduate Institute for their program in Marriage & Family Therapy with an emphasis in transpersonal psychology! I am excited to start this program, but at the same time sad that my journey has to end in August. Well, life is all about balance right? Things end, others begin.
I have now been in Sri Lanka for 5 beautiful days. There is no doubt in my heart or mind...this is by far the best country I have traveled to on my journey, and has stolen my heart with its beautiful landscapes and even more beautiful people. I only planned to stay here for 12 days, but I am going to do everything in my power to change my flights so i can extend my time here. It is that good. My father has always been telling me since I was young that when Joseph (my brother) and I grow up he will take all his money and retire in Sri Lanka, and live like a king. I always kept that in the back of my mind, but now that I am in this beautiful country I am thinking that might become my retirement plan as well. What can I say, father always knows best (even though I never seem to want to believe him!).
My journey began in the capital, Colombo. I met two other travelers who loved nature and wildlife as much as I do, and we decided to head to one of the countries national parks (Udawalawe) and Adam's Peak for a hike together. I am always asking the universe to send me love, protection, and wonderful people to learn from on my journey. Then the very first day I began traveling alone again, I meet two of the most amazing people: Christian from Columbia, and Mackenzie from Australia. I could not have asked for better people to travel with and learn from. People like Christian and Mackenzie I have no doubt that no matter how much time or miles may separate us, will be my friends for life. I asked the universe for beautiful people, and I was given the greatest friends I could ask for... I will never underestimate the power of prayer, ask with purity of heart and you shall receive, every time.



No comments:

Post a Comment